FAQs - Zurich Travel Care
Q: What benefits do I get?
Q: Which countries does this plan cover?
Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China [excluding Tibet & Mongolia (Inner & Outer)], Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
Q: How much is the premium?
Q: Where can I get more information?
For more information on this product, you may refer to this link for the product brochure, product disclosure sheet. Alternatively, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Asia Assistance 24 Hours Service Hotline or 603 7841 5630 www.asia-assistance.com
Q: How does the claim process work?
Q: What are the major exclusions under this policy?
We shall not be liable in respect of any claims for or directly or indirectly caused by any of the following:
1. You engaging in or taking part in:
• armed forces, military, naval or air force service or operations;
• professional sports in which You would or could earn income or financial rewards ;
• potholing, martial arts or boxing,
• any kind of race other than on foot; e) criminal act or any illegal activities; f) manual works;
• hunting trips that are not provided by a licensed commercial operator;
• off-shore or mining activities;
• testing of any kind of conveyance;
• mountaineering or any activity above three thousand (3,000) meters height (not applicable to Benefit 25)
• winter sport (not applicable to Benefit 25)
• aerial activities including parachuting and hang-gliding (not applicable to Benefit 25)
• air travel except as a fare-paying passenger on a recognized airline operating on
regular scheduled air routes and air travel by any charter aircraft duly licensed as a recognized air carrier and flown by professional crews between properly established and maintained airports (for the purpose of this exclusion, hot air balloon activity is not applicable to Benefit
• underwater activities exceeding fifty (50) metres in depth (for the purpose of this exclusion, scuba diving activity is not applicable to Benefit 25)
• rock climbing (for the purpose of this exclusion, abseiling activity is not applicable to Benefit 25)
2. Intoxication of drug, unless the drug is taken under the direction of a Physician provided such direction is not for the treatment of drug addiction;
3. You, Your Travel Companion’s, Family Member’s provoked murder or assault, intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane;
4. Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion and prenatal or postnatal care and any surgical, mechanical or chemical contraceptive methods of birth control or treatment pertaining to infertility, gender change, sexual dysfunction including impotency, tests or treatment related to sterilization and circumcision performed due to any reason other than Illness or infection;
5. You, Your Travel Companion’s, Family Member’s deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save human life);
6. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome) and/or any HIV related illnesses including AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC) however caused and/or any mutant derivatives, variations or treatment thereof however caused;
7. Invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether War be declared or not), rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny or usurped power;
8. Ionizing radiation or contamination by radio-activity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this exclusion combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission;
9. War or any act of War, declared or not;
10. Sanction – We shall not be deemed to provide coverage or make any payments or provide any service or benefit to any Insured or Insured Person or other party to the extent that such cover, payment, service, benefit would violate any applicable trade or economic sanctions law or regulation;
11. Your direct participation in strikes, riots and civil commotion or insurrection;
12. If one (1) of the reasons of Your Journey is to obtain Overseas medical treatment, vaccination, medical check-up, care or advice regardless of whether this is the sole or main purpose of Your Journey;
13. Pre-Existing Condition (not applicable to Benefit 7);
14. Epidemic and/or pandemic (not applicable to Benefits 8, 9 and 10);
15. Act of Terrorism (not applicable to Benefits 8, 9, 10, 11 and 25);
16. Action taken by any government authorities including confiscation, seizure, destruction and restriction;
17. An incident or circumstance of which You were aware of or could reasonably be expected to be aware of at the time of purchasing this insurance or booked Your travel (whichever occurs last) and which could reasonably be expected to lead to a claim under this Policy;
18. You do not take precaution to avoid a claim after there was a warning in the mass media of a strike, riot, bad weather or other circumstances; and Any circumstances that already existed or are known to the public before You book Your travel.
Q: What is the definition of Special Warranty/Condition Precedent to Liability under this policy?
Warranted that any person(s) who travel daily or up to weekly basis to the same neighbouring country for the employment or business purposes will not be entitle to any benefits under this policy.
Q: Can I cancel my policy?
Single Trip and One-Way Trip - no cancellation is allowed once the Policy Schedule has been issued. We may by notice in writing to the Insured under registered letter to the Insured’s last known address give seven (7) days’ notice of their intention to terminate this Policy returning on demand a proportion of the premium corresponding to the unexpired Period of Insurance.
Q: What I need to do if there are changes to my contact details?
It is important that you inform us of any changes in your contact details (including that of the nominee and/or trustee) to ensure that all correspondences reach you in a timely manner. You can write in to email@example.com